Saturday, August 8, 2009

On government

I was thinking about this a little while back. A slight examination into the nature of government, concerning the how's, why's, and what-nots. So I decided to do a little research, and it leads me to believe that United States is not a constitutional democracy. I'm more inclined to believe it is something akin to a plutocratic oligarchy.

A plutocratic government is a government composed of the wealthy class.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government)

An oligarchy is a government ruled by a small group of people who share similar interests or family relations (ibid). Seems this is more accurate than the definition of constitutional democracy. That is, a government composed of representatives who are voted into power by the citizens.

More on this thought later, or after I get off work.

No comments:

Post a Comment