Sunday, March 2, 2014

Two Things



Two things.  One.  I’m back to working on the CCENT, though this time the pace I’m taking is excruciatingly slow.  There is no point in moving on until I get each section learned and memorized.  I’ve got my memory  process written down in partial, but as I said, it’s excruciatingly slow.  The point is that I spent too much time acquiring information that wouldn’t be remembered ten minutes from now.  So the time spent was wasted.  Now, I’m moving to where you’ve either got the idea memorized and stored in your memory palace, or you don’t move on.

The other thing is I’m back to working on Causality Crimes.  That’s a short story I started a long time ago, but haven’t finished.  I think I’m going to spend time writing on it for the next few weeks until I have it finished.  Once that’s done, I need to finish off another story I started but have yet to finish.  I don’t know where I read it, but if you write 300 words a day, you will finish 40 full length novels in your life time.  As you can see, writing a long piece is just about showing up and working every single day.  If you want to write a novel, all you have to do is write every single day.  No one said what you wrote had to be the best thing in the world.  But you do have to produce. 

I guess I knew this when writing Seven Days, but I’ve since forgotten.  And I seem to have forgotten a lot of the really important things I should be remembering and driving through.  I think that’s what breaks are good for, though.  They give you the opportunity to refocus and remember what you forgot.  All things are doable, it’s just a matter of doing them. 

Seven Days was written on a daily basis for a couple of semesters on an old laptop that I had to plug in to get to work.  I don’t remember how many times I walked down to the old ASU student center across from the library and sat down to write. 

It took a while, but I finally finished it.  And now, it’s time to buckle down and finish another.  

http://www.amazon.com/Seven-Days-Matthew-Heyman-ebook/dp/B005MGPAEI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1393790550&sr=8-4&keywords=matthew+heyman

But then maybe I should quit being lazy, and create my book a cover...    I was always more concerned about what went into the book than the outside, anyways...

No comments:

Post a Comment