Wednesday, September 12, 2012

the end of break time



I almost feel like I should return to the "to-don't" list for my own needs.   But the vacation brain is setting in and I'm not sure there is much to stop it. 
I
 know the plan ahead, and it is going to be long days and long nights for a long time.  There is no other option.  To be broke the rest of my life is not an option.  I am unwilling to "settle" and to lay down and die the life of mediocrity disillusionment.  I know this is what will happen because I know the way out, and it screams to my face.  I just have to quit blubbering and get on with it.  There is no other option, none at all.  There is just the way forward. 

As for the moral imperative to be rich, it's there.  God doesn't want his people to live just barely making it.  And the plan is laid out in Proverbs...

My son, if you have put up security for your neighbor, if you have shaken hands in pledge for a stranger, you have been trapped by what you said, ensnared by the words of your mouth

So do this, my son, to free yourself, since you have fallen into your neighbor's hands:  Go - to the point of exhaustion - and give your neighbor no rest!  Allow no sleep to your eyes, no slumber to your eyelids.  Free yourself, like a gazelle from the hand of the hunter, like a bird from the snare of the fowler.

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise!  It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest.

Proverbs 6: 1-8 NIV

To translate for those who don't speak Bible: get your lazy butt up, go to work, and get more jobs.  Quit being lazy and pay off all that debt. 
If you really want to shock yourself, count out how much debt you pay out every month.  The number will surprise you.  If you don't have the cash to invest for retirement, then that is probably why.  You spend all your money making other people rich and not yourself.
Debt is dumb, and there is no way around it.  And the only way out of debt is to work like a crazy fiend, shutting out all excuses and reason.  There is one solution, and that solution is work.  There will be time later for magic with big numbers.  But now... there will be work, and more work, and more work.

No comments:

Post a Comment