Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Waiting



Waiting.  

I often want to charge headlong into every problem I see.  It just doesn't work that way quite often.  The singular momentum that builds up and moves us to action often has to be made subservient to everything else we need to do.  As of recent, I've become a time nut.  I've spent a lot of time examining how I spend my time and what I get accomplished with my time.  It's just not what I want.  I think I can do more. 
But my goals require following a certain path.  That certain path isn't exactly laid out, but it is laid out enough to where if I skip a step the entire thing may fall apart.  And that is something I don't want. 
But here I am, back to waiting.  Mostly waiting for two different things to complete.  Ubuntu has to install on my back PC so I can begin testing some of the ideas I have.  I've heard Nagios is a very good program for examining the current status of a system. 

Which leads me to the next day, and once again system examination.  After reading part of the speech by Julian Castro, I'm inclined to remember several very similar speeches from the RNC convention.

All of the speeches are essentially rags to riches stories.  All are about immigrants that started off with nothing and ended up becoming something amazing.  As a constant studier of systems, I'm inclined to think Julian Castro and Mitt Romney have more in common than they think.  They may have come to different conclusions, but their systems are probably remarkably similar. 
Romney, being Mormon and a fairly decent business guy probably kept his debts low, lived within his means, and then increased his means.  Castro's grandmother probably had old time values, so she probably never borrowed any money.  Not borrowing any money would have kept her well ahead of anyone else, even if she hadn't increased her means. 

So based off the generalized example of both, the goal is simple: get rid of debt, and increase means.  Now, being the non-business inclined person, Castro's grandmother probably didn't rely on the wonders of capital gains, so she spent her whole life working in what Robert Kiysoaki would have lamented to be the wrong sector.  I haven't read Cash Flow Quadrant in a while, so I don't remember the exact terminology he used. 
Essentially, Castro's grandmother and many others never take advantage of "money they don't have to work for".  As such, they work an 8 or 10 hour day, and that is all their life produces.  8-10 hours of work.  Mitt Romney learned the benefits of using his money to make more money.  In the end, it seems like most of Mitt's income is generated by things he doesn't have to show up to do.  Hence, he can work his 8-10 hours a day or not, and still get paid.  

So the question becomes: how do I make money when I'm sleeping?  

Maybe next time for that one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment