Saturday, November 3, 2012

Interviews



I've been rethinking a lot of things recently.  I've had two different job interviews in the last week yet I'm still employed by my current company.  They have no idea I'm even looking for a job.  The simple answer of why I am doing this is because my current company does not have a way for me to achieve my goals.  If the company you work for does not provide a way to achieve your goals, then it is time to move on and find a different company.  So that's what I'm looking for a new job.  One option was for help desk manager, and the other was for a database programmer position.

I've spent the last two or three years working towards the help desk manager position because that is where my current job leads me.  But do I really want to do that?  I'm not sure.  My studying has been in that direction and so has much of my education.  During both interviews I was asked about being leading.  Except one time I was asked about how I would lead, and the other time I was asked how I would defer.  In the leadership question, it was hard because although I've spent time leading, I can't really explain how I do it.  Leadership is taught, and half of leadership is taking initiative and taking responsibility.  But it is more than that.  I just don't know how to describe the "more" yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment