Monday, September 29, 2014

Use of time

Studying for my CCNA material, and I begin to realize why some people make so much money and others make so little.

It’s a Sunday afternoon, around 2 PM, and I’m working on material that will help me advance.  I could be doing nothing.  But no, I’m learning about UTP, Fiber, and wireless media.  That’s transmission mediums, not songs and movies.  Layer 1 and 2 kind of stuff.  Not layer 7.  Anyways, my realization narrowed down to the use of time. 

It’s all about the use of time.  Time is the one thing we have control of in our lives, so it’s up to each individual to make the best use of that time.  You can spend that time watching Sunday afternoon football.  Or you can spend that time reading and studying to advance your career or your business.  Or you can be actively working on your career or your business. 

Time is the one thing everyone has the same amount of, regardless of income or social standing.  And yet most of us choose to spend our time very badly.  Or not at all.  Me?  I’ve grown tired of living other people’s lives and creations.  I have my own thoughts in my head that I want to turn into reality.  But the only way to turn those things into reality is pure labor.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Straight up, old fashioned work.  Nothing more, nothing less.

And work is the application of force on an object.  In standard physics, work has to move a physical object, but I think mental movement of the average brain also equates to be work.  Or at least that’s my thought on the matter. 

And yet, the more I think about it most people want the result without putting in the effort or the work.  They want the shiny car on the hill, but they don’t want what it takes to get the shiny car on the hill.  So they don’t get the shiny car on the hill.  I think I’m getting to the point of being someone people want to be.  But they don’t understand what it took to get to where I am.  They want the success without the budgeting.  

And I guess that’s the real crux of it.  There are things that just have to be done if you want to succeed.  You will run your life like a business.  You will spend time working on yourself as opposed to consuming other peoples media (movies/TV/books in this context).  You will create your worlds instead of living in others. 



No comments:

Post a Comment