Thursday, January 26, 2017

100 things

So I'm reading a book by Tony Robbins.  It's Awaken the Giant Within.  The book by Bill Gates was temporarily kicked to the curb.  I'll pick it back up after this book. 

One of the things Tony Robbins says is that we spend our time chasing pleasure and avoiding pain.  The best way to solve a problem is to associate so much pain with the idea that you never perform that action again.  

Sounds kind of vague.

I merged that with something from John Maxwell.  He was talking about not liking yourself.  If you have a problem with liking yourself, write down 100 things that are good about you.  Don't stop until you get to 100.

So, I decided to combine that with Tony Robbins.

Take some problem you want to solve.

Write down 100 reasons or effects of not getting that thing.  Start building a giant catalogue of the pains you are going to feel if you don't accomplish your goal.

At the moment, I'm doing this on computer.  Paper would probably work to. 

But write at least 100 items.  And write them out in full sentences.  No vagueness. Be very specific.

I'm very hopeful for this idea.  Let's see how it works. 


No comments:

Post a Comment