Saturday, January 14, 2017

Not for you

I've come to the realization that most of the things I see are not for me.  It's a sad situation where the advertisements just simply aren't what I need or want. 

See, I'm a scrawny white male.  I'm not trying to lose weight.  I'm in relatively decent shape.  I'm not really into the "lose 10 pounds quick" and go with the flavor of the month HIIT workout.  I've done enough of that.  Practical strength type stuff.  Except there's no comparison and no feeling of going anywhere.  No progress.  I can't look at a number and see any improvement. 

Is this thing going to improve me?  What are my starting metrics?  What about ending metrics?

See, being a hard gainer is something that alienates you from the rest of the world.  Take a look at the most recent information from MyFitnessPal.  Which is basically a site for fat people trying to get skinny.

Not for skinny people trying to gain weight.

"Healthy" always means lose weight.  "Unhealthy" always means gaining weight.  And that's wrong.

Why is it that every time I gain weight (which is my goal) the system tells me nothing?
Why does the system declare how great it is when I lose 2 pounds since my last weigh in?  When you are trying to gain weight, a movement in the scale downwards is a failure.

And the system asks "are you trying to lose or gain weight"?

Maybe the submit feedback thing will actually work and cause MyFitnessPal to fix their system.

I think I'll finish with something I heard from Jocko Willink.

Don't count on motivation.  Count on discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment