Tuesday, January 3, 2017

more c-store stuff

Went back to looking at Hong Kong after reexamining a previous entry.  I picked an area in Kowloon and wandered around and found a gas station.

More Google Maps, by the way.  So, from a c-store point of view this is kind of interesting.  Also, the other thing that adds to my complexities... What we're looking at is a 5 dispenser station crammed into a small space. This location has several single grade dispensers which don't seem to exist in modern America. 

By comparison, in the central US you have 3+1 and 3 dispensers.  That would be..
3 grades of gas off of 1 hose
1 grade of gas off of 2nd hose

Or

3 grades of gas off of 1 hose.

In comparison, these look like

1 grade of gas off 1 hose
1 grade of gas off a 2nd hose
1 grade of gas off a 3rd hose

I'd guess Gilbarco, but I'm just guessing.  I can't see well enough, and the shape doesn't look modern/futuristic enough to be Wayne. 

Now, the secondary part of my observation. 

I'm used to wide open terrain and gas stations in the middle of open spaces.  Stations shoved into small spaces are different.  They strike me as a bit weird.  It's an open territory birth thing. 

Now... 

Moving to the inside is my thing.  I'm more of an interior control person than an exterior.  Pump technicians have a tendency to be farmed from plumbers (at least in the US).  Smart pump techs become point of sale techs.  Me?  I'm an IT guy that got into pump controllers.  The d-box is the end of my knowledge (most of the time).

Anyways.  

In the process of wandering around this location, I found a couple of 7-11s.  Both of those were non-fuel locations. 

Non-fuel c-store locations are minimal in my part of the US. 

The difference between a fuel and non-fuel location is very small.  A couple pieces of CAT5 and a distribution box.

Another random thing I noticed... (I think I started on Liberty Street).  The area seems to have a lot of animal doctors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment