Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Return of the iPhone



So, it's been a bit since I've had my iPhone.  What do I think now?

1) I'm not sure if I talked about this before, but I like the camera.  The built in panorama feature is excellent when trying to document rooms.  People don't see in what equates to one camera.  They look around in panorama.  The dual camera system makes for easy aiming of pictures in the back seat.  The picture was resampled from 9MB to 471 kb.  So it's not near as good quality as the original.  



2) Facetime.  Facetime allows you to call someone and see them.  Or, if you are a tech, you can swap the camera around and aim it at what you are looking at so they can see what you are looking at.  That's what I like it for.  Verbal directions always suck.  People have a picture in their mind of what you are trying to tell them, and it either works or it doesn't.  With Facetime, you can show them exactly what you are looking at and they can draw their own conclusions.

3) Bluetooth sucks.  Flat out.  Nothing good can be said about the Bluetooth on an iPhone 5.  My Plantronics M50 that never disconnected on my Android.  But randomly during the day, my iPhone will quit playing audio through the headset.  My wife has a BodyMedia Fit.  If you want to use the iPhone as a display, then you have to re-sync every single time you want to view what you've done through the day.  Functional Bluetooth is sucky Bluetooth. 

4) Battery life sucks.  Nothing good can be said about the battery life on an iPhone 5.  If you have any services turned on, the battery will fail before 6 PM if you unplug it at 8 AM.  That's unacceptable to me.  That's not even talking about using the thing a lot.  That's a quiet day.  I had to charge my phone back up twice today while I was in the office just to make it to 6 PM.  I have to plug my phone into a wall charger at lunch if I expect it to make it through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment