Thursday, December 19, 2013

humor in the highest form (of stupidity)



It took me a day, but now I’m back to mincome.  Still ridiculously laughable…, but anyways.  Let’s start breaking this down and point out stupidity where we see it.  But let’s lay down the idea first.

Every non-incarcerated adult citizen gets a check from the government.  Other safety net programs are jettisoned to pay for the mincome.  Poverty is eliminated.

So, three sentences and three different things to look at. 

First, “Every non-incarcerated adult citizen gets a check from the government.”  First, where does the government get money?  Primarily, it taxes the people and business in the country.   So let me get this straight: we are going to pay a tax to the government, who then takes that money and turns it into a giant slush fund, and then gives it back to us.   So why don’t they just eliminate the middle man and quit taxing us?  Boom! Problem solved.  Because really, if I pay in $30 out of every $100 and get back $20, then that only leaves $10 for the government to do its work and stay afloat.  Currently, the government takes about $30 and needs $70 from each person to realistically deal with its financial obligations.

But when you start taking $70 out of every $100, the working people don’t really feel the need to work as much anymore, so that income goes down.  And then you need $80 out of the $100 because people don’t like working for nothing.  Especially the productive ones that know how to turn a profit in their life.

Eh, who am I to kid?  It’s the stupidest thing in the world and people will latch on to it like the ridiculous stupidity it is, regardless of the facts.  So I’m not going to waste a long written piece on tearing down mental stupidty from people who have never worked in the private sector.

Instead, I’ll go on to look at something Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother called the “get psyched” mix.  The character of Barney, despite his ridiculous flaws, is a good character to examine.  And I think tomorrow, I will look at his “get psyched” mix.  Because I think you should have one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment