Friday, December 12, 2014

Friday post

On call can be one of the most hellish weeks.  Though finally moving to hourly, it can also be one of the most lucrative.  If I work my from 8a-5p with a one hour lunch break, I'll be up to 61.5 hours for the week.  I say lucrative, because 21 hours of overtime almost gets me to the point of a double paycheck.

After years of being on salary, I would not go back. Salary is sold on ridiculous lie.  The lie is the person on salary will get paid more even though they don't work 40 hours that week.  I'm not sure that ever happened in the time I was on salary.  It was always 45 hours plus.  So my hourly rate was tanking like a mad man every minute I stuck around.  Now, I feel like I'm being valued with my time.

When I was on salary, for three or four months I worked a week of 70 plus hours one a month.  If I were to do that now, the pay would be astronomical.   Since I've been keeping track this year, the most I've hit is 67.5 hours in a week.   And the pay check was awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment