Monday, December 22, 2014

Monday morning, a week later

A mental conversation

“It would be cool if I could do that.” says part A
“What makes you think you can’t?” says part B.
“Uhhh…”
“Look,” says part B, explaining the situation to his younger, less intelligent sibling.  “You would know how to do that if you studied to do it.  You’ve already got a plan on how to figure all that out.  Now, you need to quit being a lazy bum and do the work.”

Yes, such conversations do run through my head on occasion.

I think it narrows down to knowing that your thinking controls your actions.  If thinking controls your actions, then you need to think in the proper manner.  Your brain has to understand that action needs to be done.  Your brain needs to get the occasional pep talk about what you have already planned to do.

I wrote that a week ago.  It didn’t ever go anywhere from there.  I’m willing to abandon it where it was. 


Last week was an incredibly off week.  This week is Christmas.  After that is vacation.  We’ll see what the future holds for me.  Right now, I think I’ll leave it with this.    

No comments:

Post a Comment